If you are having trouble getting rest at night, you…
Whether you are traveling for work or pleasure, there is nothing worse than ending up in an uncomfortable hotel bed. The mattress is too lumpy, or too hard, or too bouncy, or too “fill in the blank”. What are you supposed to do to make the most of your stay? We say to try these new tips to make lemonade out of your (lemon of a) mattress.
- If the mattress is sagging, attempt to support it by putting objects underneath the mattress. Those extra pillows and blankets hotels stash away will come in handy for this. You might need to get a little creative and even use extra clothes from your suitcase to accomplish this task.
- If the mattress is too hard, you can ask for extra comforters and have housekeeping put them on the mattress underneath your sheets. Did you know that Mattress Insider can also make you a 1″ memory foam mattress topper which can be rolled up for travel? This way you always know you will have the comfort of your home mattress with you.
- If you don’t have the space to bring your own topper with you, running to the local big box store is a reasonable option. You can buy an inexpensive “egg carton” foam topper and just leave it in the hotel after your stay.
- An idea for a mattress needing more support would be to request a rollaway bed. Yes, you could just sleep on that, but why not take off the lightweight mattress and double it up on your existing bed. You just might be in mattress heaven after that.
- If the situation is too bad and you can’t get the mattress to your liking, then don’t be afraid to ask to be moved to a new room. If you do this, make sure someone shows you the new room you are moving to, before you agree to the switch.
A happy customer is a return customer, so don’t be bashful when it comes to making sure your accommodations are to your liking.
Businesses know going the extra mile for a customer will pay off in the end.