Hospital Bed Mattress Replacements
Questions? We’re Open!
Are you a hospital, hospice facility, or care provider looking for the best hospital mattress for sale?
Here’s why you should give Mattress Insider a call right now:
- Save on shipping costs because your medical mattresses will be compressed and rolled for shipping which means they can go FedEX ground. Other companies ship your mattresses uncompressed which means it has to go LTL ($) on a semi truck.
- Almost any design available. Looking for a gel memory foam mattress for your hospital beds? Maybe you want a traditional foam hospital bed mattress. You can order it. The only mattress type we don’t offer are air mattress options.
- Order only what you need. Need only 1 healthcare mattress? Need 10,000? You can order as many as you’d like.
- Get them quickly. Order today and you can get up to 1000 mattresses manufactured and delivered in 7-10 business days. Need something faster? Call us 888-488-1468.
- Order any size or shape. While the most common hospital bed dimensions take a 36″ x 80″ mattress, that’s not always the case. You can order any size/shape you want. Want a queen sized mattress for your hospital bed? You can do that.
- Medical mattress toppers also available. Get a gel overlay for your hospital bed. Latex and traditional memory foam toppers are also available.
- Get accessories. You can order medical mattress pads, hospital mattress covers, and sheets.
What size are Hospital Beds?
Our medical mattresses are specifically designed with medical establishments (hospitals, clinics, hospice facilities, etc.) in mind.
They can be made to fit any size hospital bed. The most standard hospital bed dimensions are 36” x 80”, but as mentioned, we can make ANY custom size needed.
MattressInsider has been in business since 2009, and was founded by a 20+ year veteran of the mattress industry.
We know mattresses.
Hospital Mattress Replacement Options
Our standard option shown on this page is 6” thick, foldable (up to 45 degrees), and is made from 1.5 lb open-cell soy-based polyurethane foam hospital mattress with a fluid resistant Nylon cover.
– Easy to clean!
These medical mattresses are more supportive than other high density foams you may find with other manufacturers of hospital beds. This makes them more comfortable for patients who are bed-ridden.
If you’ve ever seen or experienced bed sores, you know that they are not something you would want to experience. Ouch! Getting the right mattresses makes a world of difference in preventing bed sores.
Want to get more pressure relief for back pain? Get the best hospital mattress by adding a gel overlay, traditional memory foam, polyurethane foam, or latex to the comfort layer.
Want to make it more supportive and more durable? Ask about 1.8 LB density foam options and individually pocketed coils.
Questions? We’re Open!
Call 888 488-1468
Medical Mattresses by Mattress Insider
- Safe & non-toxic for patients and healthcare workers. Your hospital bed mattresses will be made using Certi-Pur-US certified foams which don’t contain any of those nasty chemicals.
What does that mean to you? They’re made without ozone depleters, no ammonium poly-phosphate flame retardants, no mercury, lead, or other heavy metals, no formaldehyde, and have a low VOC. It’s safer experience than purchasing mattresses produced with unknown materials (often from China).
- Passes all federal flammabilty laws. Every medical foam mattress needs to pass CFR 1633 and 1632 to be compliant.
- Hypoallergenic; due to the use of soy based high density foams and nylon covers.
- Comfortable nylon hospital mattress covers which don’t crack or overheat (like vinyl does).
Other benefits of Nylon covers:
- Wipes clean, making them water and stain resistant.
- Bed bug and dust mite resistant because they’re stitched tightly.
- Softer feeling, making time spent in your hospital or clinic more comfortable
Questions? Call us!
Can I get a bulk supply?
If you just need 1 mattress for your clinic, we offer free shipping as an option in the continental U.S.
If you are looking for more than 5, it’s important to consider that (unlike other hospital bed manufacturers), our mattresses can be shipped either flat, or they can even be compressed and rolled, making them easier to store and less expensive (when shipped to you as a bulk order).
We are able to fit up to 1000 mattresses on one truck when they ship compressed and rolled. The total time it takes for you to receive your order is 7-12 business days . We do have rush shipping options available as well, if needed, and depending on the size of your bulk order, we can offer highly competitive pricing.
Call us at 1-888-488-1468 (press option 2) to speak with one of our medical mattress experts. We’re here to help your procurement team to get mattresses that are right for your hospital or clinic.
Questions? Call us!
Frequently Asked Medical Bed Mattress Questions
Q: What is the best mattress for a hospital bed?
A: The best mattress for a hospital bed (also known as a therapeutic, geriatric, or medical mattress) is one that is both supportive and comfortable. Patients will be laying on them for extended times, and they need a mattress that has both support and comfort factored into the construction of the bed.
Q: I’ve heard about gel foam mattresses. Are they good for hospital beds?
A: Unfortunately, this isn’t a simple yes or no answer. In general, gel infused foams are designed to sleep 1-2 degrees cooler than typical memory foam. However, whether or not this is a “good” thing in mattresses for your hospital or clinic really depends on your unique situation. Please give us a call to learn more about the different kinds of gel pockets vs. gel beads in foam vs. gel infused foam.
Q: Can I use a regular mattress instead of a hospital mattress?
A: Generally speaking, a regular mattress should not be used for a hospital bed. Many home mattresses do not offer the same support and many can cause pressure on uncomfortable places in the body. In some cases, this can contribute to bed sores. Ouch! Additionally, hospital beds often need a cover that is easily cleanable and fluid proof.
Q: How much does a hospital mattress cost?
A: While mot hospital mattresses range from $500-$1000, we have many less expensive options. We can offer your procurement department or staff much less expensive options for mattresses, because we ship factory direct to you. Due to the volume of mattresses we ship each year, we also are able to pass along significant cost savings in shipping your mattresses to you.
Q: Are hospital mattresses Twin or Twin XL?
A: Hospital mattresses are usually 36” x 80”, which is 2” less in width than a twin or twin xl size. However, we can make them in any size, and even shapes other than a rectangle, if you need something custom.
Q: What size sheets are needed for a hospital mattress?
A: Most places would have you buy a twin xl sheet set, which is 38” x 80”, this size of sheets can end up being too large, resulting in a baggy effect on the mattress. This can also cause the sheets to bunch under your patient, which can also lead to bed sores. To alleviate this, we make your hospital mattress sheets in the exact size of a hospital mattress, which is 36” x 80”, and 6” deep. To see available sheet colors, please *click here*.
Q: How much weight does a hospital mattress support?
A: A standard 1.5 lb 6” polyurethane foam hospital mattress will support up to about 230lbs and are made for one person.
Questions? We’re Open!
Want a Free Pillow?
Enter your name and email below. We’ll send you a promo code to get a free pillow, when you order any MattressInsider mattress!