Boat Mattress Replacements
Odd Shaped beds for Yachts, Sail Boats, & V-Births. Made in the USA.
Tired of sleeping on that cheap thin slab of foam your boat builder gave you?
You spent all that money on your vessel, and they couldn’t give you a decent boat mattress for your Yacht. That “thing” is more like a medieval torture device.
Now I know you might have had the impulse to toss that thing in the ocean (don’t do it… that’s bad… very bad… STOP… Put the mattress down Karen!)
But before you get angry enough to actually throw your boat mattress in the body of water nearest you, you should know that there are replacement options that are dramatically more comfortable.
(In fact, a few of our marine mattresses have even won an Oscar. #kidding #OrAmI?)
Need a Boat Mattress?
Give us a call!
7 days a week,
9 AM to 5 PM MST
We’d love to talk with you!
Hey! Nice to meet you.
I’m Jonathan aka JP. The Founder and CEO of MattressInsider.com (and wanna-be standup comic).
For the past 12+ years, we’ve been making all the weird mattress shapes and sizes you can’t find anywhere else.
You have a domesticated squirrel who sleeps on your bookshelf and want to get him a little tiny mattress? That’s weird…. But we could do that.
So, Mr. Funny Man, why buy my sail boat mattress from MattressInsider.com… ?
Great question! One of the things that really sets us apart from other boat mattress suppliers is how much we can save you in shipping costs and setup time.
We’re one of the early pioneers in the bed-in-a-box category. We’ve invested in a state of the art roll-pack machine.
What’s a roll-pack machine?
I’m glad you asked! We’re able to compress and roll your mattress so it can be shipped via FedEX ground.
That makes us significantly lower in cost then our competitors, who have to ship your mattress flat on a truck.
It also makes installing your new boat mattress in your cabin as smooth as a calm ocean breeze (see what I did there?).
All you have to do is carry the box into the (usually quite small) cabin where you’ll sleep, remove it out of the box, unroll it on to the surface it’s going on, and watch it rapidly expand. (Just like my ego, every time you laugh at one of my cheesy jokes.)
Note… This is video from our plant in South Carolina (where your mattress is made). All of your mattress materials are from USA providers, and your mattress cover is sewn in-house. Everything is done right here in the USA! (During COVID-19, we have set up several stations for hand sanitizer, team members are required to wash their hands at the start of the day and during all breaks, and everyone at the plant is wearing masks (even the masks are sewn at the plant) and gloves.)
Whether you’re a Captain, a Yachtsman, or a Sea Dog (I just got an image of a little weiner dog steering a boat) there’s no doubt you’re a boat-owner and enthusiast in need of good sleep.
Like all seafaring explorers, you want your adventures to come complete with restful slumber. (That last sentence makes it sound like you do battle with pirates on a regular basis, and I hope you do so successfully, Matey!)
At Mattress Insider, we equip your ship, sailboat, vessel, or yacht for a good night’s sleep with a mattress that is comfortable, durable, and made by a company you can trust for years to come.
In fact, you might die before your boat mattress does. Don’t do that though. Eat healthy, exercise, and buy several mattresses from us first. Like 12 mattresses. I’VE GOT KIDS TO FEED! I’ll throw one of them in with your mattress order.
Here’s why you should actually buy from us (Jonathan puts his serious hat on):
- We can manufacture any size or shape (remember the Racoon mattress from earlier?….ok ok…it was a squirrel. Just making sure you were paying attention). We can do cut, notched, radius corners, folding mattresses, and all the odd cushion pieces that are often necessary for V-berth mattresses.
- Our Orthopedic factory-made boat mattresses are designed to relieve pressure points and support your body in its most natural positions while you sleep. (Do you sleep in unnatural positions? Our mattresses can help you with that too.)
- Moisture, mildew, condensation, and mold are a serious problem when it comes to boat beds. (And also, my shower. I really need to clean that thing.) Let’s face it, when you’re on a boat, you’re in a damp environment. The only way to really prevent those issues is to ensure that you have adequate airflow underneath your mattress. We have a unique product called Aire-flow, which is a moisture barrier material, we can package into the price of your mattress. Just ask us for a quote!
- We manufacture all boat beds based on your custom requirements. Whether you own a basic boat that goes on the lake a couple of times a summer (soooo basic), or something more full-time, or even a luxury vessel, we manufacture all boat and yacht mattresses to the highest quality standard, while offering you the best at a factory-direct price.
- The hinge-fold, if applicable to your boat (most boats don’t not need a hinged mattress), provides hassle-free installation and usage of the storage compartments (for all your dead bodies) and space(s) beneath your bed.
- Is your mattress composed of seat cushions? We can use firm foam for the cushions, like we would use in a base layer of a mattress, or we can customize the feel so that it’s designed around your sleeping preferences. (Or the preference(s) of your squirrel(s). I made that plural just in case you didn’t want the old squirrel to get jealous of the new squirrel you may get in the future. Hey, I’m not here to judge.)
- Durability. We use high density foams that are made in the USA. Many OEM mattresses are made from cheap foam often containing toxic chemicals. Some will also use off-cuts, carpet padding, cardboard (yes, cardboard…not joking on that one), and other ticking material that will break down quickly. These can wreck your hips, shoulders, and over time your body (which can affect your posture). These cheap materials also suffer from durability issues. The mattress may feel great the day you buy the boat, but will often break down over just a short period of just 3-6 months. (Karen… put the mattress DOWN!)
- Certi-pur.us certification: All foam mattresses will contain some levels of polyurethane foam, so it’s important to understand the differences in construction to understand if your mattress contains levels that are unhealthy for you. With Mattress Insider, we use certi-pur certified foams, to be sure your mattress will retain its original feel over a long period of time.
Mattress Insider is a company that is proud to handcraft the best of the best in marine mattresses.
You get the custom size and shape you need in a bed made to your specifications, from the finest marine-friendly materials. Even the Dolphins love us! (don’t feed the Dolphins).
This is just part of what allows us to provide excellent comfort for your guests, crew, or squirrels while sleeping on a Mattress Insider mattress.
Our Latex mattresses are breathable, hypo-allergenic, mildew-resistant, and resist bacteria. Additionally, each handcrafted custom mattress comes with a luxurious cover in one of 3 fabrics: Certified Organic Cotton, Cool-Max by Dupont, or Bamboo.
And if you’re looking to bolster your sleeping experience without replacing your whole mattress, we have toppers that work for any kind of boat mattress. We even have custom-made marine v berth mattress toppers that go across the often odd-shaped pieces necessary to make a mattress that fits in the keel of the boat. In case you’re not sure which custom topper will best fit, get in touch with Mattress Insider. A phone call with one of our mattress experts can help you create the best and most economical solution to fit your space!
FIRMNESS & THICKNESS
Many people assume that the thicker your boat bed is, the more comfortable it is. However, that isn’t really the case. Height restriction can play a huge role in what will work in your space. Often, overhead space can limit mattress height/depth to dimensions between 3″–8″ (7.62–20.32 cm) thick.
Order with Mattress Insider and get comfortable mattresses in any depth. (This is great news in a boat space, where thinner mattresses often sacrifice on quality, in order to fit, but not Mattress Insider.)
Different heights require different materials. For example, if you only have 5 inches to work with, but you need it to support someone who is heavier than 250lbs, you’ll want to talk with us to get a marine mattress that will be supportive, while being comfortable. If you have more height allowance, perhaps you can go up to an 8 inch mattress with slightly different materials. So be sure to let us know about the available space in your boat’s bedroom, as well as who will be sleeping on the bed.
Once our experts know your dimensions, requirements, and the type of foundation (boat mattresses usually sit on supports that are slats, boards, or plywood), experienced craftsmen can build a bed based on your specific needs and desired firmness (soft, medium, firm).
SIZES, SHAPES, AND FASTENING
Because all of our beds are custom, we can create any size or shape (king, queen, full, twin, or even smaller) you need. Our skilled team is adept at working with different bevels, joints, and irregular angles. Whether you need something that is rectangular, has cut-corners, or fits into a bunk space or other weird boat niche, we can help. Also we can make sure your mattress will fit into a Vee or V-Berth, whether it’s in the Forward cabin, Island Berth, Aft cabin, Crew, or Captain’s quarters. Whether you’re looking for a VIP yacht mattress, sailor bunks or just researching bedding options for a guest room or master stateroom, we’ve got you covered!
MEASURING FOR A CUSTOM BOAT MATTRESS
To create the best mattress for your boat, you will need the measurements of all sides and surfaces of the mattress. Because mattresses can differ greatly from boat to boat, please measure everything. To provide you with the most accurate quote, here is a checklist to work from, as well as some definitions.
- The “base” of the mattress is the part that sits on the support (like the plywood or slats). Sometimes the underlying support is known as the bed deck.
- The “top” of the mattress is the surface you sleep on.
- “Head” and “Foot” are relatively self-explanatory, but the head of the bed is where your head goes and the foot of the bed is where your feet go.
In mattresses with beveled edges, the measurements for the “base” and “top” can be different because the mattress may not be a rectangle shape.
Obtain all dimensions with a tape measure.
- If you want a bed to fit into your space, and don’t have a current mattress in the space, then determine your max lengths and widths. (For odd-shaped V berth mattress, we can rough estimate a quote over the phone, but detailed measurements, or templates of boat schematics from your boat’s manufacturer can be extremely helpful.)
- Measure existing mattress dimensions if you already have a mattress in your space (also not a requirement for a quote, but extremely helpful, and will be needed when it comes time to order).
- Check the height/depth of your current mattress (if available).
- Note any height restrictions (i.e. bed is near the ceiling, low height limit, headboard would be hidden by a mattress that was too thick, etc).
- Double, triple, and even quadruple check your numbers. (All custom boat mattresses (whether for yacht, sailboat, schooner, etc.) are non-refundable once ordered. There are no cancellations, modifications, refunds, or returns due to inaccurate measurements.) We don’t know if you measured twice, but we can only cut once. So please measure at least twice.
The Best In Comfort
How are we able to offer you the ultimate in comfort for sitting and sleeping while docked or as you cruise, roam, and sail oceans, lakes, or seas?
The secret is in the design of the gentle, yet firm, support system of our mattresses. Our boat beds distribute body weight equally so that your shoulders, spine, waist, and hips can relax and let go of tension, providing you with the rest you need. You’ll likely feel like you’re yachting, even if you’re cruising in what others may refer to as a schooner.
Now is the time for you to order the best handcrafted marine, yacht, and sailboat V-berth mattress from MattressInsider.com. Let us help you get a great night’s sleep in your boat, rather than staying awake all night listening to the sound of waves lapping the boat or a ticking clock.
If you’re not sure which bed is best for you, no problem! We are happy to help you design and customize the best solution.
GETTING A QUOTE
Just a little of what makes MattressInsider.com the best place for getting a boat mattress:
- Zero compromises on materials and quality;
- In the marine mattress business since 2008;
Luxury boat beds, from a company with friendly, helpful, USA-based (non-commissioned) mattress experts, with the knowledge to help you.
Get in touch with us via phone or email, and let’s talk about your specific seafaring needs and requirements! We want to build the perfect mattress for your boat!
All of our custom boat mattresses are made in the USA and come with a 10-year warranty. We also guarantee timely shipping and delivery.
Call us today for questions, details, and to get pricing for your specific cabin dimensions!
Through MattressInsider.com, you can order custom-made mattress replacements for a wide range of boats, yachts, and other vessels including, but not limited to: cruiser-racer, powerboats, carter yachts, racing yachts, sailboats, RV houseboats, and other luxury ships.
Some of the brands we serve are: Sea Ray, Rinker, Regal, Bayliner, Mastercraft, Baja, Boston Whaler, Ranger, Malibu, Chaparral, Wellcraft, Riviera, Costa mesa, Carver, Grady-White, Sunseeker, Princess, Aegean, Hatteras, Tiara, Pursuit, Yamaha. Bahama Islander, Beneteau, Catalina, Chris Craft, Freedom, Grand Banks, Hunter, Irwin, Ludders; Moody, O’Day, Pearson, Purs, Reliance, Ringer Express, S2, Sabre, Shannon, Swan, and more.
Customer Setting PhotosHere are some examples of where customers have placed the boat mattresses we have made for them.
Boat Mattress Topper Feedback
“I received the topper last week and had a chance to get it to the boat the other day. I have to say I’m quite impressed with the quality. The fit is perfect and the improvement in comfort is considerable.
In summary, the topper is everything I hoped it would be. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I believe when we talked you requested a fitment pic after installing. Please find attached the mattress without and then with the topper. Looks great!”
v berth boat mattress with side by side mattresses, with taper into front of the boat
V berth boat mattress
(As you’ve seen above on this page. Note the extra removable cushion in the middle)
Some example sizes and shapes we can make include:
Split V Berth mattresses
Two Piece V-berths without a hinge
3 Piece V-berth with hinges
One Piece V Berth mattresses with hinge
2 Piece V-Berths with inserts
V-Berth Mattresses with hinges
1 piece triangles
2 Piece Triangles
triangle shapes with an insert
Triangles without an insert
Island Type cuts
Large radius cuts
Single radius cuts
different radius cuts on different corners
Cut corners (on any corner)
Mattresses with 2 cut corners
Classic rectangle mattresses in any size
Unique Marine Shapes
Irregular U shapes
Irregular T Shapes
5 Sided Polygons
6 Sided Polygons (common in boats)
Any Odd Shape or size
Custom Hinged Cushions
Custom Long Mattress Cushions with hinges
Custom Tri-fold Hinged Cushions
Classic 90 degree edges
Bull Nosed Edges
Want a Free Pillow?
Enter your name and email below. We’ll send you a promo code to get a free pillow, when you order any MattressInsider mattress!