We all know that camping means something different to everyone. Whether you roll your family into a KOA in your fancy motorhome or you’d rather backcountry camp with wildlife, we’ve got you covered in this list of 10 Kid Friendly Camping Spots in Colorado.
Enjoy the breathtaking scenery that Colorado has to offer.
- Jellystone of Estes: Everyone loves a Jellystone Park. Whether you take a hike with Yogi or sing songs on the wagon ride, you’ll be sure to have a great time. http://www.jellystoneofestes.com
- Colorado Springs KOA: Let the fun begin with a game of basketball or volleyball and then cool down with a dip in the pool. KOA campgrounds pride themselves in cleanliness and friendliness and you won’t be disappointed here. http://coloradospringskoa.com
- Cub Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park: For a short backpacking adventure with the kids, Cub Lake is the perfect distance to get a feel for the backcountry life. http://www.rockymountainhikingtrails.com/cub-lake.htm
- Mueller State Park: Enjoy the family friendly amenities at this campground close to the Front Range Cities. http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/Mueller
- Mountain Park: Just miles outside Fort Collins you will enjoy the lower elevation and less drastic temperature drops at this beautiful campground. http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/mountain-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70028
- Pueblo South KOA: If less rigid camping is your style than this KOA is right for you. There is cable, WIFI, heated pool and hot tub. http://koa.com/campgrounds/pueblo-south/
- Golden Bell Camp: This unique camp and campground allows for weekend campers to use the facilities when camp is not in session. www.goldenbellccc.org/
- Bear Creek Lake County Park: Just minutes from the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Bear Creek is full of activities for the whole family. You can swim, go horseback riding, shoot archery and hike right at the campground. http://www.lakewood.org/bclp/
- The Great Sand Dunes National Park: What goes better together than kids and sand. Even the big kids will have a blast here! http://www.nps.gov/grsa/index.htm
- Steamboat Lake State Park Campground: A great location for those that love to boat or hike, there are mixed ability trails here to suites even the youngest campers http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/SteamboatLake