RV Mattress Sizes
+ The Ultimate Buying Guide (Sept 2022)
“ARGGHHH!! You’ve got to be kidding me!”!
That’s probably what you said after calling several local mattress retailers who told you they don’t carry rv mattress sizes.
Have no fear! There are several online retailers to choose from. This guide will equip you with the knowledge you need to shop for the perfect RV Mattress.
Need help picking out an RV mattress?
Talk to a mattress expert! Call 888-488-1468
Determine Your RV Mattress Size
The first step to buying a replacement travel trailer mattress is to figure out what size you need to order.
Most people will measure the mattress. You can do this if you’re in a hurry.
However, the most accurate way to do it is to measure the dimensions of the surface the mattress rests on. Usually the mattress is placed on ply-wood or some type of similar surface.
There are two reasons why this is more accurate. The first being that your rv mattress may not be the same size as it was when the RV was built. This can be due to fluctuations in temperature during off-season storage (especially you folks in Arizona!) or from exposure to UV light if the RV was kept uncovered during storage.
In addition, RV mattresses are made by both humans and machines. If you take 10 out of stock, you will get a slight variation in size. If you measure the RV mattress instead of the surface it lies on, it may lead you to believe that you need a custom mattress size. Don’t worry, measuring is easy!
Wondering if a standard size can fit? Read our article Can You Put a Regular Mattress in an RV.
The most common RV mattresses are in the shape of a rectangle.
Here are the most common sizes:
RV King Mattress Sizes
You’ll often find the RV king mattress in the larger RVs and campers, due to the size of the mattress.
RV King Mattress
72" x 80"
Standard RV king beds typically measure 72×80 inches, and may have radius corners at the foot of the bed. Perfect for couples looking for plenty of space while on the road!
RV Short King Mattress
72" x 75"
We’ll keep this short ….as the name implies, the RV short king mattress is slightly shorter than the regular RV king. These generally measure 72×75, and often have radius corners at the foot of the bed.
RV Queen Mattress Sizes
RV Queen mattresses are one of the most common RV mattress sizes. You’ll find these in everything from 5th wheels to pop-up campers.
RV Queen Mattress
60" x 80"
You’ll often find the RV queen mattress in the larger RVs and campers, due to the size of the mattress. These typically measure 60×80 inches, and may have radius corners at the foot of the bed. This is perfect for couples looking for plenty of space while on the road!
RV Short Queen Mattress
60" x 75"
Don’t confuse a short queen mattress with a regular queen mattress. The dimensions of a short queen mattress are 60×74 and 60×75 inches – several inches shorter than a regular queen bed! As with the other king and queen sizes, these may come with radius corners as the foot of the bed.
RV Mattress Sizes Chart
It’s important to understand that RV mattress sizes are not the same as ‘standard’ (or residential) mattress sizes.
Camper and RV manufacturers have to design the interior of their units in a way that takes advantage of every bit of space available – and they usually don’t have a lot of space to work with! As a result, we end up with odd mattress sizes such as the RV bunk mattress and RV three quarter mattress. Below is a chart listing the most common RV mattress sizes:
|RV California King||72" x 84"|
76" x 80"
72" x 80"
72" x 75"
|RV Olympic Queen||66" x 80"|
|RV Queen||60" x 80"|
|RV Short Queen||
60" x 75"
60" x 74"
55" x 75"
54" x 75"
53" x 75"
|RV Three Quarter||
48" x 80
48" x 75"
48" x 72"
42" x 80"
40" x 80"
39" x 75"
38" x 80"
38" x 75"
35" x 79"
34" x 75"
32" x 75"
30" x 80"
30" x 75"
30" x 72"
28" x 75"
28" x 72"
It’s also possible that you might need one of the common “truck mattress” sizes if your replacing a mattress for a bunk in your RV.
The common truck mattress sizes are:
There are many other sizes available, but these are the most popular. Some of our products are offered in other sizes, such as family bed sizes.
Custom sizes include anything from odd rectangle sizes, to mattresses with cut or rounded corners. For example: airstream mattresses, casita mattresses, and some van mattress beds). Don’t worry though, custom sizes don’t have to be expensive if you find the right custom rv mattress supplier.
CHOOSE AN RV MATTRESS TYPE SIZE
This option is great if you live out of your RV or you just want a really comfortable replacement rv mattress. Price ranges for these a $399-$799.
Memory foam rv mattresses generally tend to be around 8″. They are usually constructed with memory foam on top of a high density urethane base. Just like the foam rv mattresses, it’s important to look at density. Memory foam rv mattress densities generally range between 2.5 – 5.3 lbs. We find the best density to be approximately 4 lbs. Any higher than this and the foam doesn’t breath very well causing some people to sweat. On the opposite side of the scale, foam in the 2.5-3 lb category doesn’t tend to be durable and it quickly looses it’s elasticity.
Other things to consider: Some models come with removable zip off covers that are machine washable. Just like foam rv mattresses, memory foam rv mattresses can also be soy based or petroleum based.
Just like the memory foam rv mattress, the latex rv mattress is an excellent choice for those who spend a lot of time in their RV or who wish to have something very comfortable. It’s also perfect if your looking for the most eco-friendly rv mattress available. They generally range in price between $599-$999.
Latex rv mattresses are usually constructed so that the top layer is latex and the bottom support layer is urethane foam. Unlike memory foam and urethane foam rv mattresses, latex rv mattresses don’t measure using density. The most important thing to ask is if the latex being used is natural, synthetic, or a blend. Obviously, if you are going to pay the price for latex, you want to make sure it’s natural. Synthetic latex and blended latex tends to break down and discolor when exposed to heat and UV light.
Natural latex is collected from rubber trees just like maple syrup comes from maple trees. It’s naturally hypo-allergenic, dust-mite resistant, and anti-bacterial. If your someone who has latex allergies, for obvious reasons, we suggest not purchasing a latex rv mattress.
RV Air Mattress
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH ANY RV MATTRESS SUPPLIER (BEFORE YOU BUY)
Place Your Order
Once you’ve decided your size and the type of mattress you wish to order, type in the keywords “replacement rv mattress” and start shopping! Feel free to give us a shot while your at it! We offer most of the common mattresses listed on here and we even do custom sizes and cut corner rv mattresses! We would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have or help you place an order. Thanks for reading!
Note: This article is copyright protected.
Reproduction of any part of this article is strictly prohibited without expressed and written consent from Mattress Insider LLC.
We can make mattresses for the following make and model RVs.
Simply obtain the mattress size, and give us a call at 888-488-1468.
- Adventure Manufacturing – RPM , Timberlodge, Timberlodge Express
- Adventure Teardrop Trailers – Full Size, Half Size
- Airstream – Classic Limited, Flying Cloud, Design Within Reach, Interstate, International CCD Signature Series, International Ocean Breeze, PanAmerica , Sport
- American Coach by Fleetwood – Allegiance, Eagle, Heritage, Tradition
- American Sport Trailer Company – Genesis, Tribute
- Americana – GS, LC
- Beaver Motor Coaches Monaco RV– Contessa, Marquis, Monterey, Patriot Thunder
- Big Woody – Deluxe, Standard, Ultimate, U-Finish
- Bigfoot – 1500 Series, 2500 Series, 3000 Series, 4000 Series
- Born Free – 22, 22 Rear Door C/O, 24 Rear Bath, 27 Rear Bath, 27 Rear Side Bed, 28 Rear Side Bed, 32 Rear Queen, 32 Rear Twin, Guardian
- Burro Trailers – 14′, 17′
- Camp-Inn Teardrop Trailers – 500, 550, 560
- Carriage Inc. – Cameo, Carri-Lite, Domani, Royals
- Carson Trailer, Inc – models (toy haulers): Carrera Lite, Fun-Runner, Titan, Carson Rebel
- Casita Mattress – 13′, 16′, 17′
- Chalet RV – model: Oregon Camper, Takena
- Cikira RV – Classic Cruiser, Classic Cruiser LE, Classic Cruiser SLE, Escape EXP
- Clarion Coach
- Coachhouse – Platinum 221XL, 230, 232XL, 261XL, 272XL, Platinum II 241XL
- Coachmen RVs – Chaparral, Chaparral Lite, Wyoming, Concord, Freelander, Leprechaun, Prism
- Coachmen RVs : – Blast , Capri Micro, Captiva Ultra Lite, Impact , Shasta, Spirit of America SE, Surge , Avant-Garde, Avante-Garde Front Diesel, Mirada, Sportscoach
- Columbia Northwest, Inc. – Amelia, Meriwether, Marco
- Conquest Motorhomes by Gulf Stream – B Touring Cruiser, B Touring Cruiser GX-2, B Touring MB, Conquest C, Endura, Super Nova, Ultra C, Vista Cruiser Mini, Yellowstone C, Yellowstone Cruiser, Yellowstone Cruiser GX-2, Yellowstone Cruiser MB, Gladiator
- Country Coach – Affinity, Allure, Inspire, Intrigue, Magna, Prevost Conversion, Rhapsody, Tribute
- Cozy Cruiser – Classic, Classic Deluxe
- Crossroads – 5th wheel CrossForce , CrossTerrain , Cruiser, Kingston, Seville, Zinger, Sunset Trail, Sunset Trail SLS
- Cruiser RV LLC. – Funfinder X, FunfinderXtra , ViewFinder
- Damon RV – Avanti, Astoria, Challenger, Essence, Daybreak, Daybreak Sport, Outlaw, Tuscany
- – Build your own
- DRV: Elite Suites, Mobile Suites, Select Suites
- Dutchmen – Adirondack, Aerolite, Cub (expandable), Colorado, Denali, Dutchmen, Eco, Four Winds, Kodiak, Kodiak Expandable, Ntense , North Shore, T@da, Tundra, Victory Lane , Wild Thing , Winners Circle , Zoom, Grand Junction, Monte Vista,
- Dynamax – Dyna Aire, DynaQuest ST, DynaQuest XI, Dyna Sport UTV, Grand Sport DT, Grand Sport Ultra, Isata E-Series Touring Sedan, Isata F-Series Touring Sedan,
- EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicle (XV) Class C & Truck
- Eclipse Recreational Vehicles Inc. – Attitude, Stellar, Milan
- EnduraMax LLC – toy hauler model: Matrix, Wide Open, Gladiator Ford E-450, Gladiator Internation 4200 Truck Series
- Entegra Coach – Alanté, Emblem, Aspire, Anthem, Cornerstone
- Excel Fifth Wheels – Classic, Limited, RT, Wild Cargo
- Extreme RVs – Companion, Extreme , MegaLite , Monterrey, Road Ranger, Sportmaster
- Featherlite Luxury Coaches – Vantare H3-45, Vantare XLII
- Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. – Backpack, Compass, Gearbox , Mallard, Mallard Sport, Nitrous Hyperlite , Orbit, Orbit Sport, Pegasus, Pegasus Sport, Pioneer, Pioneer Spirit, Prowler, Redline Hyperlight , Terry, Wilderness, Formula, Quantum,
- Fleetwood RV – Bounder Diesel, Discovery, Excursion, Expedition, Providence, Revolution LE, Icon, Jamboree, Jamboree GT, Jamboree Sport, Pulse, Tioga, Tioga Ranger, Tioga SL, Bounder Classic, Encounter, Fiesta Premium, Pace Arrow, Southwind, Terra Premium
- Forest River – Berkshire, Charleston, Georgetown, Cardinal, Cedar Creek, Cherokee, Cherokee Wolf Pack , Flagstaff, Rockwood, Rockwood Roo (expandable), Sandpiper, Salem, Salem Sport , Sandstorm , Sierra, Shamrock (expandable), Shockwave , Surveyor, Surveyor (expandable), V-Cross, XLR , Wildcat, Wildwood, Wildwood Sport , Work & Play (cargo carrier) Note: XLR is evolved from “All American Sport” model
- Foretravel – Nimbus, Phenix
- Four Wheel Campers – Eagle, Falcon, Finch, Grandby, Hawk, Keystone, Ranger
- Four Winds – Chateau, Chateau Kodiak, Chateau Citation Sprinter, Citation, Dutchmen, Dutchman Kodiak, Dutchman Dorado Sprinter, Dorado, Four Winds, Four Winds Kodiak, Four Winds Siesta Sprinter, Fun Mover , Siesta, Ventura, Hurricane, Serrano, Windsport
- Frontier RV – model: Aspen, Hyperlite, Explorer, Trax , Tazor
- General Coach (British Columbia) – Citation, Corsair
- General Coach (Ontario) – Citation/Chateau, Phantom, Cosair
- Georgie Boy Mfg., Inc. – Cruise Master, Pursuit
- Glendale RV – model: Titanium Tour Edition, Titanium Pearl
- Great West Vans – Classic, Sprinter Legend, Titan Wide Body
- GTRV-USA – “Home of the Westy”
- Gulf Stream – Amer-lite, Canyon Trail, Conquest, Emerald Bay, Firefly, G-Force , Gulf Breeze, Innsbruck, Kingsport, Mako, StreamLite, Track & Trail , Mako Mid-Profile, Prairie Schooner, Yellowstone, Caribbean, Independence, Sun Sport, Tourmaster
- Hallmark Campers – Cuchara XL, Guanella LS & LX, Milner LX, Milner MX, Ute XS &XL, 96DB, 106UDB, 116ULT, 117DBL, 811SL
- Heartland – model: Cyclone , North Country, North Trail, Razor , Sundance XLT, Big Country, Bighorn, Landmark,
- Hi-Lo – TowLite: 1508T, 1708T, 1908T, 2208T, 2408T, 2708T and Classic: 2308C, 2508C, 2808C
- Hoffman Coach Company
- Holiday Rambler – Alumascape, Alumascape Suite, Next Level , Presidential Suite, Savoy LX, Savoy LE, Atlantis, Augusta B+, Augusta Sport, Augusta Touring Sedan, Traveler, Campmaster, Black Diamond , Mintara, Presidential, Savoy LE, Savoy LX, Admiral, Ambassador, Arista, Endeavor, Imperial, Navigator, Neptune, Scepter, Vacationer
- Hunter Outdoor Products – Shadow HU-1 Classic, HU-3 Long Shadow, HU-4 FAT Shadow
- Hy-Line – model: Pine Creek
- International VentureCraft Corp
- Itasca – Cambria, Impulse, Navion, Navion iQ, Spirit, Ellipse, Meridian, Meridian V Class, Reyo, Suncruiser, Sunova, Sunstar
- Jayco – Designer, Eagle, Eagle Super Lite, Recon ZX , Jay Feather EXP, Jay Feather Ex-Port, Jay Feather Sport, Jay Flight, Jay Flight G2, Octane ZX , Embark, Greyhawk, Greyhawk Sport, Melbourne, Seneca HD, Seneca ZX
- K-Z Recreational Vehicles – Coyote, Coyote Rock Climber , Coyote Lite, Durango, MXT , Spree, Sportsmen, Sportsmen Sportster
- Keystone RVs – Big Sky, Challenger, Copper Canyon, Cougar, Everest, Fuzion , Hornet, Laredo, Montana, Mountaineer, Raptor (incl. toy hauler models), Springdale, Springdale Springloaded , Sydney, Xlite, Keystone RVs – Bullet, Cougar SRX , Energy, Hideout, Kangaroo , Outback, Passport, Passport Breakaway , Sprinter, Summerland, VR1
- Komfort – Komfort, Komfort Lite, Ridgecrest, Trailblazer
- KZ Recreational Vehicles (KZ RV) – Durango, Durango LX, Escalade, Escalade Sportster, Inferno , Montego Bay, New Vision Sportster , Sportsmen, Sportsmen Sportster , Spree
- Lance Trailers
- Lazy Daze (factory direct)
- Leisure Travel Vans – Free Flight, Freedom II Libero, Freedom II Serenity, Free Spirit
- Liberty Coach – Elegant Lady, Liberty Lady Classic
- Little Guy Teardrop Camper/Trailer – Lite Series (Rascal, Travel Mate), 4-Series, 5-Series, 6-Series, Little Guy RT, 6-Wide Sport-Camo Edition
- Marathon Coach
- Marathon Homes
- McKenzie RV – Dune Seeker , Ion, Starlite, Starwood, Medallion Estate, Cascade, Lakota, Lakota Estate,
- Millennium Luxury Coaches
- Monaco Coach Corporation – Covina, Montclair B+, Montclair Sport, Montclair Touring Sedan
- Monaco Monaco RV,LLC – Camelot, Cayman, Diplomat, Dynasty, Executive, Knight, LaPalma, Monarch, Riptide, Signature Series
- New Horizons – (factory direct) Classic, Summit, Motomover , 5 Star Series
- Newell Coach Corporation
- Newmar Corp – Bay Star, Canyon Star, Dutch Aire, Dutch Star, Essex, King Aire, Mountain Aire, Ventana, Cypress, Torrey Pine, Kountry Aire, X-Aire
- Northern Lite – Classic, Lite, Special Edition, Ten 2000 Series
- Northwood Manufacturing – Arctic Fox, Desert Fox , Nash
- NuWa Industries – Hitchhiker II LS, Hitchhiker Champagne, Hitchhiker Discover America
- Okanagan – model: Eclipse
- Outfitter Mfg.
- Palomino –
- Palomino – Bronco, Maverick, Winter Creek, Gazelle, Puma, Puma , Palomino Stampede, Sabre, Thoroughbred
- Parliament Coach
- Play-Mor Trailers, Inc. – Motorsport, Motorsport Deluxe FW, Racer, Sport LX, Sport-Maxx
- Powerhouse Coach
- Precision Coach Inc.
- R-Vision – Boogie Box , Dodge RV’s (incl. toy hauler), Max-Lite, Max Sport, Super Sport, Trail-Bay, Trail-Bay V-Series, Trail-Cruiser, Trail-Lite Crossover, Trail Sport, Trail-Lite B-Plus, T&C Sport, T&C Touring Sedan
- Recreation by Design
- Rexhall Industries – Aerbus, RexAir
- Roadmaster – model: Round Top Predator , Predator
- Roadtrek – 170-Pupular, 190-Popular, 190-Versatile, 210-Popular, 210-Versatile, RS-Adventurous, SS-Agile
- RV2 (RV Squared, Inc.)
- S & S Campers Mfg Inc – model: Ponderosa
- Safari Motorcoach – Damara B+, Ivory, Damara Sport, Damara Sport, Cascade, Cheetah, Passage, Simba
- Scamp – 13′, 16′, 19′
- Silver Shadow Teardrop Camper Trailers – Highline, Silver Shadow, White Shadow
- Six-Pac Campers – Delux 650, Delux 850, Standard 650, Standard 850, T100-S, Utility Models
- Skyline RVs – Aljo, Aljo Joey, Aljo Ultra Light, Aljo Freestyle , Layton, Layton Joey, Layton Ultra Lite, Layton Freestyle , Nomad, Nomad Joey, Nomad Ultra Lite, Nomad Freestyle (toyhauler), Weekender, Weekender Joey, Weekender Ramp
- So-Cal Teardrops – Cal-Deluxe, Original, Rover, Sierra, also various kits available
- Space Craft Mfg. – Custom Built
- Sportscoach by Coachmen – Cross Country, Pathfinder
- Starcraft – Homestead, Lexion, Hardside, Softside, Autumn Ridge, Rock Star , Star Stream, Thrill Seeker (expandable), Thrill Seeker , Travel Star Expandable, Travel Star Sport Expandable, Travel Star XLT, Travel Star Sport XLT, Villa
- Sun Valley – Apache, Sun-Lite
- Sun Valley – Rattler , Roadrunner, Roadrunner 7.5, X-Treme 7.5, X-Treme 8.0
- SunnyBrook – Big Dog , Bristol Bay, Brookside, SB Series, Titan SURV , West Pointe
- T@B (from Dutchmen Manufacturing)
- Teardrop Fix-It-Shop – Kenskill Teardrop Trailer replicas
- Terra Wind (amphibious)
- Teton Homes – Experience, Prestige, Royal
- Texas Custom Coach by Coachworks, L.L.C.
- Thompson Coach
- Thor California – Jazz, Summit, Tahoe , Vortex , Wave, Sonoma, Summit
- Tiffin Motorhomes – Allegro, Allegro Bay, Allegro Bus, Phaeton, Zephyr
- Tiger Motorhomes
- TrailManor Travel Trailers – folding hardwall trailers and one “upright” model
- Triple E RVs – model: Regency, Topaz, Embassy, Empress Elite, Commander, Invitation, Signature
- Viking RV – Grand Haven, V-Trec
- Wee kender – Base, Base Plus, Special Edition
- Winnebago – Access, Aspect, Outlook, View, Era, Adventurer, Journey, Journey Express, Sightseer, Tour, Via, Vista